Can you believe it’s March already? I simply cannot! Where oh where did February go?
Well, most of my February was bequeathed to a cold. And I’m determined to make up for the lost hours spent coughing into my steamer. So instead of bewaring the Ides of March, I’m deciding to delight in them. (Whatever Ides happen to be. Though they sound quite menacing.) Bring it on, March!
So, we need to talk about something serious. Let’s just admit it: St. Patty’s Day has become a day dedicated to testing the limits of our livers. I know this for a fact, because during the ten years I lived in NYC, I spent every March 18th avoiding the trickle of green sludge (you know what I’m talking about) that paraded down 9th Avenue’s sidewalks and gutters. It’s so easy being green…in the face.
Here’s a thought: let’s opt for a classy St. Pats this year. I know, I know, you want it to be green. But let’s forgo the Midori Cocktails, Shamrock Juice, and Grasshoppers and opt for something more refined…perhaps some dry Lexy’s Toast Brut Nature in pretty Antique Green Champagne Coupes? No green slime needed.
Besides quality alcohol consuming, below is a list of my current cravings for March. Bring on the green in a classy way, and gimme a smootch! (I’m part Irish.)
1. Mini garlic chopper: We were given this garlic chopper for our wedding, and it’s the best thing EVER. I use it for garlic AND ginger (which is impossibly hard to chop). To my immense delight, it has wheels that you roll around to do the chopping (vaguely reminiscent of a kid’s toy). It also comes with an adorable mini utensil to scoop out all the goodness. Sold!
2. Irish Moor Mud Mask: I cannot praise this mask enough. I bow down to this mask. And yes, it’s Irish. In 5-10 minutes, your skin evens out, your pores diminish, and instead of you drying out, you’ve actually retained moisture and look dewey and fresh. Miracle Mud!
4. Recipe Tin: A sweet tin box in which to store your favorite family recipes.
5. Stress Away Roll-on Oil: I love the natural scents in this roll-on oil…an amazing mix of vanilla, lime, copaiba, and lavender. I use this in the car when I’m stuck in traffic, or before a meditation to calm and soothe my senses. (P.S. This link goes to my good friend Rachel’s Young Living page. She also has a fabulous Facebook group called Beam and Bloom. Join for daily inspiration and oily advice!)
6. You Are Your Choices: An optimistic read by Alexandra Stoddard. In essays focused on taking charge of your life, she lays out 50 ways to live joyfully, pursuing truth, goodness, and all things beautiful.
7. Maybelline Green Primer: A fabulous (wallet-friendly) base for your makeup. Green neutralizes red skin, smoothes, and creates an even canvas for layering.
8. Infuser water bottle : Besides the adorable design, this water bottle has an added bonus feature! Add mint leaves, strawberries, limes, or other natural goodies to your water for a refreshing fruit infusion, no extra sugar required.
9. Green Tea Micellar Cleansing Milk: Dab this soothing cleansing milk on a cotton pad at and take it all OFF before bedtime! (Lazy girl hack: there’s no need to rinse.) This cleanser fights blemishes and mattifies skin. (Especially if you’ve been out all night on March 17th…make sure to remove that green eyeshadow before you hit the hay!)
Full disclosure: we are the producers of Lexy’s Toast Wines Brut Nature! But we’re not affiliated with any other products listed here; we just covet them. 😉 ENJOY!