Our first wedding Anniversary is right around the corner and we can’t believe this year has flown by so quickly! News update: We are still together (score!), still actually like each other (double score!), and have tons of sage advice for newlyweds. (Joking, joking!) As I scramble to come up with a fun DIY project as a gift involving paper for the hubby (shhhhh! don’t tell him!), I’ve come across some other delightful finds. It’s most definitely wedding season, so July’s “It-list” is filled with wedding related gifts.
Our wedding color was a bright, sunny yellow, and I’ll never regret it! (Though my sweet acquiescing bridesmaids might have…thanks for going with the flow, gals. You all looked stunningly radiant, and my pop of yellow wedding dreams came true!)
Below are my cheerful yellow picks for the month:
1. This gorgeous lemon flower arrangement was created by our amazing friends Kari and Ritamarie for our wedding. And while perfect for a wedding, it’s also a fabulous summery idea to decorate and brighten your home!
2. C’est La Vie Hat: “C’est La Vie” stitched in yellow on a wide brimmed straw hat: perfect for Honeymooning!
3. Best Toasts Book: If you’re in need of a Toast to give: look no further! This little book has all the toasts you could possibly need, for any and all occasions.
4. Yellow and White Wedding Guest Dress: A sweet dress for an outdoor wedding or shower.
5. Veuve Clicquot Brut Champagne: A fun bottle to pop right after a ceremony! We had five minutes to slam a quick glass, somewhat “collect ourselves”, and jump up and down and say “we’re marrrrrried!” We used my mom’s antique crystal to enjoy the bubbles out of.(Photo evidence below.) Thank goodness I didn’t accidentally drop it in my unbridled excitement.
6. Choose Happiness Candle: Citrus fruit scents bring happiness to your home in this cheerful little candle.
7. Le Creuset Whistling Tea Kettle: Look no further for the perfect gift than this sunny yellow teapot! I use her daily (I’m a huge tea fanatic) and get think of my bestie who gave us the kettle every time I look at it. And they come in many colors (if, gasp, yellow isn’t your thing!)
8. Lemon Serving Tray: A friend gave us placemats and napkins with this adorable lemon pattern, and now Kate Spade carries a whole set of plates and serving platters to match!
9. Yellow Egg Crate: A cute crate to house a dozen eggs. Also, who doesn’t love a pop of color upon opening the fridge?
Let there be love, laughter, and sunshine in your upcoming July days! Happy wedding season whether you’re a bride or a guest!
(All wedding photos by Laura Marie Duncan Photography.)